Writing an article is always both an interesting and challenging experience at the same time. There are many people out there who know how to write an article but very few of them do know how to produce writing that will stand out among the bunch of other articles. If someone needs to find an article on a specific subject, one just needs to go online and use one of the search engines. There are so many materials available today that you can be lost in the ocean of information available. However, if you attempt to write something but have no article ideas you may find this post helpful.
Three Things to Consider Before You Even Start Writing
All of the writers understand that the beginning of every article should be very strong. As a result, they focus on how to start an article too much while there are things they should do before actual writing. You may have not thought about this but your preparation sometimes is more important than the writing process itself. This is not a very popular theme among writing tips available online but not less helpful than others for sure.
Audience. It makes no sense to write an article about football for athletes only to realize that it was meant to be written for people who have never played/watched football before. The targeted audience is always a factor that should define how you write. Depending on who is going to read your piece of writing you will choose an appropriate tone as well as wording for what you intend to say. Without understanding your readers before you start writing it is unlikely you end up having many people reading your article.
Research. One of the problems is that there are so many “experts” today that one can hardly find someone who is honest enough to admit he/she doesn’t know something. It is easy to go online, search specific subject, read several articles and name yourself an expert. But the thing is that reading a few articles doesn’t make you an expert. More than that, those “experts” provide their professional advice in their blogs without having a clear understanding of the subject. If you don’t want to sound like that in your article then conduct a serious research before writing anything. You can know all of the writing tips, be aware of how to start an article in an engaging manner or have plenty of article ideas but if what you offer is a shallow knowledge then you will become one of those “experts” who are of little value to readers.
Time for Writing. This is very practical advice. Whenever you are going to write an article you should set a special time to do this job. It is especially relevant if you are writing an article for a client. Setting a particular time slot for writing will help concentrate on the article itself without being distracted by other things. Turn off your cell phone and don’t check your Facebook account when writing – there should be time when you fully focus on your article only. If you write on the go then it is likely the flow of the text won’t be smooth and you will have to go through editing multiple times. It is better to avoid it by setting a particular time slot for writing.
How to write an article is not the first question that should be asked when trying to deliver a piece of writing. It is rather about what one should do before actual writing occurs. Failure to understand this simple principle that preparation is a foundation for effective writing can end up in boring or shallow content. It doesn’t take much to prepare if you already have some ideas on what you are going to write. And in case you don’t have any ideas, it is better if you don’t write anything since all you will get is poor quality writing. It is only when you know where you are going you can produce an article that will help you win the plaudits of your audience.
Steps to Do Before Writing an Article
- Identify your reader. If you are wondering, “How do I begin writing an article,” you should keep in mind that each article is a conversation with the reader. Therefore, when writing the article, you should clearly realize the needs of your target audience. For instance, you may be writing your article to the students, people interested in environmental policies, or successful entrepreneurs. As such, knowing who your reader is, you will be able to choose the right rhetoric. If you want to reach a good result, make sure to engage your reader from the first lines of your article;
- Your article should get attention. If you have read some articles on the web, you probably noticed that their headers were constructed in such a way to involve or engage the reader. Such a strategy is particularly effective because, given the enormous numbers of materials available on the web, the reader will choose the ones with the most attractive headers. If you want to grab the attention of your readers, you need to act like a journalist;
- Your article should be interesting. Yes, this secret sounds pretty simple. However, if your article is not creative or insightful, most probably, your reader will quit reading it right away. If composing an article is the task in your college or university, you should keep in mind that your professor checks dozens of articles per day. In order to assess your article with the highest grade, he or she should be really interested. Add humor whenever it is appropriate, real-life examples, or some quotes of famous people, and you will turn your article from a boring text into a creative masterpiece;
- Your article should be easy to read. If you want to create a great article, you should carefully think about its structure. Jumping from one idea to another, you will greatly confuse your reader that will bring you unsatisfactory outcomes. We highly recommend you to use the headings and subheadings in order to make your article visually attractive. Of course, a good structure is impossible without proper planning. As such, before you start working on your article, you need to take some time to brainstorm your ideas and select the best ones. If you want your reader to follow the flow of your ideas, try to think before you write an article. Use the right transition words to help your reader move from one idea to another;
- Write a good ending. Remember that the final of your essay is your last chance to make a good impression on your reader. Therefore, you may finalize your article by asking a thought-provoking question or suggesting a call for action.
Additional Tips to Write an Article
Now, when you know the main steps to do before writing an article, it is time to find out how to organize the working process.
- Make up a great topic. It is vitally important to select the topic that fits your research interests allowing you to develop it from different perspectives. Remember that to get a destination, you need to have the right direction.
- Do some research. We assure you that conducting an in-depth investigation of your topic will help you find out very interesting ideas that will be developed in your article. If you are writing an academic article, you need to work with up-to-date and credible academic resources;
- Brainstorm your ideas. It is, obviously, the most substantial of all the steps to do before writing an article. When brainstorming, you need to write down every idea or viewpoint that comes to your mind about your article. What is more, such a strategy allows the researcher to set a clear direction and get some insights on how to interact with the readers;
- Assume that your readers know nothing about your topic. It is particularly important to put yourself in the shoes of your readers. By doing so, you will understand what terms and concepts should be explained and what ideas should be rewritten. If you fail to follow this advice, you will lose the attention of your readers, which will lead to the failing outcome;
- Do not deviate from your topic. You should understand that when the topic is chosen, you need to develop it by different means without jumping to other ideas. It is particularly important to keep the flow of your ideas coherent and clear. Only by focusing mainly on your topic, you will be able to explain it well;
- Cut unnecessary words. Do not write twelve words when ten will do. You should realize that by filling your article with unnecessary or irrelevant information just to meet the word count, you will not be able to create a winning piece. When the article is written, make sure to look it through in order to cut all the unnecessary words and rewrite all the awkward sentences;
- Avoid distractions. If you want to organize the writing process properly, you need to avoid distractions such as social networks, too noisy places, etc. Distractions will take your attention and will not allow you to focus solely on the writing process.
We assure you that by following these tips and suggestions, you will be able to compose an impeccable article that will bring you the expected outcome. Of course, other manuals will provide you with additional secrets of article writing that can be successfully applied in your work. Also, you may look for the great article examples available on the web to examine their structure, content, and formatting. Undoubtedly, by using these samples for boosting your writing skills and inspiration, you will get more chances to create an exceptional piece that will satisfy your professor. However, pay attention that only the article that is absolutely original and authentic will bring you the best outcome.
So, now when you know the key steps to do before writing an article, you can work on this sophisticated assignment. However, if you do not know how to write an article, you can always rely on our first-class article writing service. Our creative and talented specialists can write amazing articles on diverse academic topics. Our prices are the most affordable in the market because we take care of the needs of our clients. No matter how urgent or difficult your request is, we are always at your disposal! Buying your article at our writing platform, you do not have to worry about the content, structure, or some other important aspects because the writer working on your order will take care of everything. All our writers know all the things to do before writing article meeting the highest quality standards. All in all, cooperation with our professional service is a smart investment in your future, so do not miss your chance to reach your academic goals with our help!
Do you need help with your assignment?
We write original academic papers on all subject and topic.
Samantha has 5+ years of professional writing experience. She is a talented, skillful, and resourceful writer who holds a Master's degree in Geography. Samantha has successfully completed a lot of articles on climate change, energy conservation, and proper environmental management for scientific journals. She offers a distinctive approach to any subject matter. View all posts...