What Is an Article Critique?
If you have to create an article critique, you should clearly understand what is article critique paper. Basically, and article critique is an objective analysis of the specific article. However, you should not be misguided by the word “critique” as it does not have a negative meaning. When writing an article critique, the writer should be maximally unbiased and objective investigating all the strengths and weaknesses of the article. However, suggesting good evidence for your arguments, you may also inform your reader whether you share the author’s position or not.
An article critique is one of the most popular assignments in many colleges and universities because, being pretty short in length, it allows to check the student’s level of preparation, as well as his or her writing and critical thinking skills. Many students mistakenly confuse the article critique assignment with an article summary. However, we assure you that it is a much more comprehensive and complicated task that requires an in-depth investigation of the key strengths and weaknesses of the particular article. Merely summarizing the main points discussed in the article, you will never get a good grade from your teacher because a good critique is always a combination of the summary, analysis, and personal reflection. Whenever you want to create a winning article critique, you need to read the article thoroughly, probably several times, in order to understand all its important points. By reading an article only once, you will only get a general impression and won’t be able to analyze it on different layers. Once you are done with the active reading, you should prepare your arguments vividly and cogently.
How to Write an Article Critique?
Although the task is pretty straightforward, many students usually get stuck when they need to create an article critique. If you are searching on the web “how to critique an article,” feel free to read our guide where you will find all the answers.
So, if you don’t have sufficient experience in creating article critiques, you may simply assume that it deals with reading the article and discussing it from a critical point of view. Actually, this assumption is pretty correct. However, we assure you that that the concept of an article critique is much more complex. Before we familiarize you with all the stages of the writing process, let us explain what areas should be covered in your critique:
- Instead of merely summarizing the author’s arguments, you need to analyze them. Many students tend to commit the same mistake confusing the types of papers. However, this mistake may cost them a lot. Therefore, if you want to get a good grade for your critique, you should be maximally focused and attentive;
- When providing your impressions of the article, do not forget to support your words with credible evidence from the article;
- Along with identifying the main ideas of the article, you need to explain its theoretical and practical value.
Writing an Article Critique: A Step-by-Step Guide
Writing an article critique is a pretty time-consuming task. However, knowing the universal algorithm of writing, you will be able to understand how to do an article critique and will cope with this task successfully:
- Select the article that will meet the criteria of your instructor. If you are allowed to choose the article, make sure to pick up the one that is interesting and relevant. Indeed, a good article is half of success. Thus, you need to be pretty attentive when selecting a piece for critiquing;
- Read the article to get a general impression;
- Read the article actively with a critical eye. You can also make some notes in the places that seem the most interesting or important. As you read the article, you need to pay attention to the following things:
- The credentials of the author. Is the author qualified enough to write an article on such a topic? Does the author have relevant experience?
- Are the methods chosen by the writer are appropriate? If not, what methods would you choose?
- Are the issues discussed in the article contribute to receiving the findings?
- Are there any biases or inconsistencies in the author`s argumentation?
- Is the article relevant or it is outdated?
- Does the author ground his or her research on previous studies?
Article Critique Example
Of course, one of the best ways to familiarize oneself with the process of writing an article critique is to read the great article critique examples written by skilled and professional experts. Looking through these papers, you will definitely understand how a good article critique should look like, what parts it should include, how to begin and article critique and how to finalize it, as well as many other important aspects. With the help of well-written samples, you will significantly economize your time and effort spent on the writing process. However, you should understand that in order to get a good grade for your paper, you need to create a unique and authentic piece that will absolutely free from the copy-pasted content. As such, you should use these samples only for your writing inspiration.
APA Format Article Critique
Along with the content of the paper, professors pay attention to many other important aspects such as the structure and formatting. Therefore, before you start working on your article critique, we highly recommend you to study the professor`s prompt carefully to find out what are the additional requirements. If the prompt indicates that you need to create your article critique in APA format, you should do your best to follow these requirements as formatting is a particularly important part of your grading rubric. As such, you need to pay attention to the citations, as well as the general layout of the paper. When writing an APA article critique, you need to do it in Times New Roman font, 12 pt. As for the general structure of your critique, it should include an abstract, introduction, main body, conclusion, and a reference page. Let’s discuss this structure in detail:
- A title page. A title page in APA should include the name of the student, the name of the instructor, as well as the title of the educational institution. For more information, look through the APA samples;
- An abstract. Typically, an abstract is a shortened version of your article critique that should include a title of the article, main objectives, and major findings. Also, it should include the list of keywords for your readers to understand what is your critique about;
- Introduction. The introductory paragraph should indicate the title of the article, its author, as well as some background information that is necessary for understanding the main author’s arguments. An introduction should also include a thesis statement. It is the main debatable idea that will be supported in the following paragraphs;
- Main body. In the main body of the article critique, you need to include the summary, analysis, and reflection on the article. As you can see, it is a part of the critique in which the actual discussion should take place. When criticizing or praising some of the author`s ideas, do not forget to support your words with strong textual evidence. When citing the article, make sure to follow the latest APA guidelines;
- Conclusion. According to the common rules of academic writing, a conclusion should not include new data and should only briefly summarize the main points discussed in the article;
- A reference list. Most probably, there will be only one source in this list, the article itself. However, if you consulted with the outside sources, do not forget to put them in your reference list in alphabetical order.
Get Premium Assistance with Your Article Critique!
If you are tired of struggling with your challenging academic schedule and want to hire a professional writer to take care of your article critique, then you are just in the right place. You should hire our reputed writing team and we will provide you with an incredible article critique that will help you reach your academic goals. Placing your order here, you should worry neither about the content of the article nor about its structure and format. We have many years of experience in academic writing and can tackle any academic task successfully. So, what are you waiting for? Your academic success is just a few clicks away!
Take Advantage of Cooperation with the Leading Writing Service!
Our ability to provide our customers with high-quality papers is the pillar that defines all the principles of our work. We assure you that all the papers we deliver to our clients to meet the highest quality standards. In addition to exceptional quality, we provide our customers with the myriads of benefits:
24/7 Cusmer Support
Professional US Writers
- On-time delivery. Sometimes, our clients come to us with really urgent requests because they know that we can meet all their needs and expectations. We assure you that no matter if you can provide us with a few days or only six hours, your article critique will be delivered to you in a timely fashion;
- Fair money-back guarantee. If the paper does not look like you expected because the writer failed to meet your guidelines and requirements, we will refund your money. We do understand that our reputation depends not only the quality of papers we provide but also the way we treat our clients;
We assure you that there are many other privileges that will become available to you once you decide to buy an article critique for students here.
Buy Your Article Critique Today and Forget About Poor Grades!
Leave all your worries and hesitations behind! No matter if you need an article critique or book review, you can always count on us. Give us a call now and enjoy your life free from academic problems!