If you want to spend your summer vacation in Europe, you might be afraid of wasting too much money. We know that students’ budgets aren’t really luxurious. For this reason, we’ve come up with a list of tips that will help you spend as little money as possible during your trip!
How to plan traveling to Europe on budget
- DO A LITTLE RESEARCH. It is impossible to see all the amazing things in Europe in one trip. For this reason, you need to do a research and understand which countries and cities you want to see the most at this time. You should know what you want to do, where you want to go and how much money you’ll need for that. Plan all that in advance.
- DON’T LOOK LIKE AN OBVIOUS TOURIST. Tourists are the main target of pickpockets. So, it’s safer for you to blend with the local people as much as possible. Remember to keep your valuables safe. Try not to use your map in public. If you don’t know where to go, better go into a supermarket and look it through there.
- LEARN THE LANGUAGE BASICS. Yes, English isn’t spoken everywhere in Europe. So, it’s better for you to know how to say at least some simple phrases to keep yourself out of trouble. If you need, take a phrase book with you or download a language app.
- FIND ALTERNATIVE ACCOMODATION. Avoid big hotel chains and search for hostels and other cheap lodgings. Traveling as a student, you will save a fortune if you do it.
- USE FREE THINGS. If seeing the prices in big cities sets you back, there’s a way out. Find free things offered there. Talk to locals – they might help you with that.
- TRAVEL AS LIGHT AS POSSIBLE. If you travel light, it will be more convenient to move from one place to another. It’ll also make the whole trip much easier – who likes to carry a huge backpack anyway? When you’re looking for souvenirs, avoid chain stores and better visit original shops, unique markets and thrifty stores. You’ll find much better deals there!
Following these tips, you will enjoy Europe and will spend much less money than you’ve expected!