Living on campus is a vital part of student life. Someone may consider it a great opportunity to live independently, while others remember their dorm life for numerous interpersonal conflicts, limited space, and dirt everywhere. Here is a list of the most popular advantages and disadvantages of living on campus.
Pros and cons of living in a dorm:
- Pros: You have a chance to live on your own and set your own rules.
- Cons: You may get an annoying roommate who will intrude in your personal space and break all your rules.
- Pros: Your dorm life is pleasant, because there are so many new and interesting people to hang out with.
- Cons: Your neighbors are so noisy that you cannot sleep well at night.
- Pros: There are so many interesting events happening around you. Life abounds!
- Cons: You may become a victim of prejudice and gossips.
- Pros: You can always rely on your roommates to help you in unpredictable situations, such as losing a key to your room.
- Cons: It is unpleasant to find yourself locked in a bathroom, especially when you forgot your phone in the room.
- Pros: Cleaning personnel always monitors the cleanliness of the bathroom, toilets, and kitchen.
- Cons: You have to pretend you do not notice dirt until the cleaning staff comes and cleans it.
- Pros: You do not have to bother with cooking as long as the dining hall is open.
- Cons: The meals served in the dining hall pall and do not taste so good any more.
- Pros: If you are dating someone from your dorm, you may see each other often.
- Cons: When you break up, you should try hard to avoid your ex.
Dormitory life is rich in advantages and disadvantages. However, it is up to you to regard it either positively or negatively. Remember that your student life will not last long, so live it to the fullest!